Objective Paper 2

Date: Monday, October 20, 2008
Time: 11 PM
Place: Kitchen

“Mmmm Toasty! Hi welcome to Quizno Sub!” From December 2003 until April 2007, Quizno Sub fashioned my life. One would have though that being the General Manager was my career. I resigned recently because I was not happy; I felt as if I were stuck in quicksand. I am grateful for the experience, particularly since it tends to require a college degree or much more experience than I had, plus it pays very well. However, I strive for other paths in life. I plan to work in a management position probably through public administration since I’m interested in politics.
I am single and without children- truly a black sheep of my family. Many have at least one child by twenty years of age. I eventually want to be in a serious long-term relationship. I plan to stay active and fit; I will travel the world and just enjoy myself. I know I am happy when I am satisfied with myself. I will never loose this drive, for being happy is my strong motivation.
Objectives set a purpose and a goal. Enrolling into Devry has taught me that I should create objectives to form structure to my own agendas. DeVry has set several objectives of its programs in order for students to form structure and to truly gain as much as possible from what is offered. I am aware and understand the importance of the objectives of my major, Devry’s general curriculum and my classes.
My major is Business Administration with a focus on Operation Management. I think this is the best program that DeVry offers that will prepare me for management role. I have chosen to obtain this degree from DeVry because of its emphasis on technology. Devry also builds team work and leadership skills which are necessary in the business environment. Operation managers must be familiar with logistics; DeVry offers practical training for problem solving.
DeVry requires general coursework so that students are prepared for real world situations and are well rounded. DeVry ensures that the general courses are up to date and practical to show relevancy to society. Through the general coursework, in various disciplines, applied critical thinking is used. Students learn several techniques to solve problems for all types of situations. Mathematical processes are shown and their relevancy to critical thinking and application. Through social sciences and humanities, the human experience is introduced. This also influences students’ experiences when working in groups.

No comments: