Objective Paper

Date: Sunday, October 19, 2008
Time: 11 PM
Place: Kitchen

I was in that river for a long time. The beginning of my life, I sat on my parents boat. Eventually, I jumped into the river to swim my own way rather than ride to their desired destination. Sometimes I swam; sometimes, I just floated. Rip tides were the worst, but I’m a strong guy. I just pushed myself and seemed to control my path again. But one day after fighting a tough riptide, I looked at the horizon. There was nothing but water in sight- no land, no ships, no signs of life! Where am I going? When will I be on solid ground?
My objective in life is to be happy. Personal happiness, in my eyes, can be measured by no one but me. Each day I grow and mature and have developed many values; I have done a lot of reflection to finally realize what I really want. Understanding personal happiness motivates me to reach my goals in terms of my education, career, and personal life.
I have always aspired to obtain a college degree. Upon graduation from high school, I enrolled into Baruch College. While in school, my father became terminally ill. Dealing with his sickness, attending school full time, and working full time became overwhelming. I dropped out after my first year but remained determined to go back to school. I now attend Devry and plan to complete a program that will allow me to gain a business degree through very flexible scheduling.

No comments: